Mount Batulao is located in Nasugbu, Batangas that’s about 3.5 hrs from Manila. This is very special to us since both of us consider Batulao as our Mother Mountain, meaning this was the first mountain we hiked (on different occasions).
Since 25th of August was the date when Mary started climbing mountains, we decided to do an anniversary climb for her. We planned to do a night trek and camp out overnight to witness the sunrise near the summit on the crack of dawn. We traversed from new trail to the old trail next day.
Picture at Sunrise
Adobo for Breakfast
A sight from the Summit
And here are the rest of our pictures:
How to get there:
We went there using our private vehicles but if you are planning to go there through public transportation, here is a sample computation if you are coming from Buendia:
- Buendia to Nasugbu, Batangas (Cost: P100 – P120 Bus ride)
- Evercrest to Jump Off (Cost:P100 for a private Tricycle ride – 3 to 4 persons)
- During the rainy season, the trail gets muddy and slippery. We prefer to use a pair of shoes/boots with good traction. You can also bring your trekking poles if you want to.
- Bring at least 2L of water to stay hydrated.
- Be prepared for high slopes. You will be encountering them near the summit. There are ropes that you’ll use in order to pull yourself up to the said high sloped areas.